Athletics Ireland are uploading videos onto their YouTube channel for athletes during the period of the nationwide self isolation period. Start off with this home circuit training:
To learn more about Athletics Ireland’s “Keep Ireland Moving” campaign, click here – https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/recreational-running-tips/
Dear Club Secretary,
Following the latest announcement from our Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar yesterday announcing All organised indoor and outdoor events of any size are not to take place.
The effect of this government decision means that no Athletics Ireland Provinces, County Boards, Clubs or affiliates can operate in any capacity. As such no insurance covers of Athletics Ireland for Provinces, County Boards, Clubs and individuals are operational during this period.
The AAI personal accident covers any registered member who is injured as a result of an accident at an official club event or during official club training. This policy does not cover individuals training at their own discretion.
The government directive has now shut down all club activity hence the withdrawal of our club personal accident cover.
During these unprecedented times we need to act responsibly and we appreciate your cooperation in temporarily closing all club activity.
Chief Executive Officer
Please note the latest advice from the HSE below, via Athletics Ireland.
As part of the continued national response to the rapidly-shifting challenges of Coronavirus COVID-19, we firstly want to wish you good health and wellbeing.
Most of you will be aware that social distancing measures continue to be paramount and every citizen is being asked to take the necessary precautions. Many of the new materials developed below are helping to get this message out.
The digital partner pack continues to be updated and can be downloaded online at:
The digital partner pack contains:
- The most up to date posters on Coronavirus COVID-19 (please display and share these as widely as you can, and please replace any previous posters that you might have used with the updated version)
- Videos that you can share and display
- Leaflets, social media assets and more
Here are some important additions and updates for you:
- There is now a video on social distancing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-uuijhF4Q
- Translated resources in 10 languages can be found at: https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/partner-resources/covid-19-translated-resources/
- The HSE is currently utilising TV, radio and other forms of advertising for public health information on Coronavirus.
- Social distancing graphics for premises floors can be found here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/472f64-covid-19-coronavirus-guidance-and-advice/#social-distancing-graphics
- Today’s Department of Rural and Community Development plan can be found here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/70be56-government-action-plan-for-community-response-to-covid-19/
Next Updates Expected
Early next week, the digital partner pack is also expected to include a booklet on Coronavirus COVID-19. We will make this available in a number of formats with different audiences in mind.
For the most up to date information and advice on Coronavirus, please go to:
- Department of Health: https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus/
- HSE: https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/
- HPSC: https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/
We would be grateful if you would let us know if your organisation has any specific requests or urgent needs in relation to Coronavirus COVID-19 public health information materials.
If you do, please email us at Partner.Pack@hse.ie to let us know.
Thank you in advance for your support at this important time. A reminder be mindful of your mental health during this time, try to keep to a routine, maintain a healthy, balanced diet, and remember social distancing doesn’t have to mean social isolation. Covid-19 Health Communications Stakeholder Support.
Check out the link below
Hi all hope everyone is keeping safe, it has come to my attention that there has been requests to use the club and facilities. Please can I stress the crucial importance of all of us to adhere strictly to HSE guidelines in relation to social distancing and other aspects of the current Covid 19 pandemic. The club is closed until further notice. It is not possible to ensure member safety or potential infection from Covid 19 virus as the club does not have resources to disinfect between individual member’s use. We have a duty of care to all our members that we take very seriously. Thank you and keep safe. Regards Edell Lenehan.
Some of our juvenile athletes were competing at Day 3 & 4 of the Leinster Championships in the National Indoor Arena Abbottstown over the weekend. On Saturday Ciaran Herdman competed brilliantly in the Junior age level, coming first in the High Jump, second in the Triple Jump and seventh in the Long jump. On Sunday Ciaran added to his medal haul with a silver medal in the U18 High Jump and gold in the U18 Triple Jump. Also on Sunday Amy Callaghan, Niamh Quinn and Amy Bellew all threw very well in the U17 shot putt event. Amy Callaghan threw a pb of 11.97m to win gold while Niamh also threw a pb of 10. 68m to win the bronze medal. Amy Callaghan also jumped very well in the U17 high jump coming fourth. Well done to them all.